- Manage projects involving the development of electrical, electronic, embedded and software systems on scope, time, cost and quality axes, throughout the project life cycle.
- Develop requirements and specifications for electrical, electronic, embedded and software systems.
- Produce fit-for-purpose (early prototype or pre-production) electrical and electronic systems to appropriate standards, getting “hands on” as required.
- Assist in producing and rolling out processes and practices for the delivery of certifiable avionics.
- Analogue and digital electronics design & development
- Multi-layer printed circuit board design
- Microcontroller system design
- Hardware integration
- Assembly and testing of prototype designs
The role will also include (but is not limited to):
- Design of battery operated embedded systems
- Embedded programming
- Controlled impedance printed circuit board design
- EMC and environmental testing
- Radio frequency system integration
- High reliability soldering
- Design for manufacture
- General mechanical engineering tasks
- Cooperative teamwork
Desirable experience (but not essential)
- Board level radio frequency design
- Radio frequency system design
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties. You will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your evolving role within the company and the overall business objectives of the company.
Due to the nature of the role the successful candidate will required to be security vetted to a minimum SC level.